Saturday, February 16, 2008

All Dressed for Snow

Every President's Day Weekend, we trek to ID and UT for some good ski times. It all started when my cousin Ericka had her mission farewell in 2000 and we went skiing at Pomerelle. It's this little resort in ID that my father grew up skiing. Every year we have a spectacular blue sky ski day there on President's Day weekend. Since the tradition began, however, my grandma's house has been sold (where we all gathered at), BUT my aunt and uncle have opened up their home to keep this little tradition alive. Thanks Grandma, Bonnie & Bruce and Kathy & Rick!! We have widened our ski days to include Beaver in UT, but we ALWAYS have to have one day at Pomerelle. This year, J took SD to Pomerelle, where she skied for the first time.
I really wish I could have been there to watch her.
This isn't just about skiing either, it's about family. I love to spend time with my extended family (which is quite large). Whether playing around-the-world ping-pong or singing around the piano...it's all great! Over the years as I have moved around the country, I have had the opportunity to get to know quite a few of my 1st cousins pretty well, some 2nd cousins, and I am proud to say that SD & SV know some of their 3rd cousins.
I am grateful for the time spent, money spent, and memories made.
SV loves her big, puffy coat.

Opa (between snowballs).

Uncle K & SD on the other end of the snowballs.

J...it's not really snowing, a snowball exploded as I took the picture.

Daddy-daughter team.

No comments: