Some of you have known about J's job issue, but not everyone, so here is a quickie explanation. J was let go from his job in late February and has been unemployed since. He has had a couple of interviews here, but they weren't too promising. The field in which he works has been super slow, so no one seems to be hiring. Anyway, we sent him away for a week to a place we want to move to, and he ended up having 5 interviews there. It was fantastic! So then we were faced with too many choices (obviously thats good in the long run, but it's still difficult to decide). We hope that we have chosen the right one, but I guess we'll see soon enough. The unfortunate thing to this whole ordeal is that we are moving to a place where we have little family...great extended family...a few of Ss first cousins, some of Js 1st cousins-once-removed, some second cousins and even some of our girls' thirds cousins, but no moms, dads, bros, sisters or even aunts or uncles. Before you think about feeling sorry for us, please know that we have DEAR friends that want us there and are helping out for now.
J is leaving in the morning (with a dear friend who is driving with him) to drive to his new job. He will be staying with some friends for the time being, while continuing to look for places for us to live. I will be staying with our girls and Uncle K until who knows when...maybe June or even July. I am not sure how long I will last at the practically-a-single-mom thing. We do have fantastic friends here who continue to extend helping hands, which we are SUPER grateful for. More importantly, we have great family here too.
We are still planning on attending Opa's family's Family Reunion in June (despite that Opa and Oma will not be...they get to be world travelers again...yes there is a hint of jealousy there, but I am sure that my time will come someday...maybe I'll get a souvenir if I'm lucky). We hope to see as much of that side of the family as possible. It's something that we truly look forward to.
5 comments:
Moving is so hard. Ecspecially when you have no family near by. We have no one four like a five hour drive. Poor me, huh! The nice thing is we have made great friends and that can make all the difference!
Wow....I am excited and sad for you but you are amazing,strong and will do awesome at the somewhat single mom thing fir the time being. You can get through anything. Maybe I will get to catch up on lost time:)!
Lots O Love
So did J get a job here? When does he start? I know this move will be hard for you but I am so excited to have you back here! I know we will be moving before you get here but not that far away and I fully EXPECT play dates on a regular basis! And crafting sessions! Call me when you get a minute! I'd love to chat!
We love you and think pf you often! We'll keep you in our prayers, and hope that this move goes well!!
so when did you make it public again? i had no idea about the job thing either! when and where are you going to? all these questions with little answers. hope you are havinga great day; i am supposed to be napping while caillou is on, but the computer calls louder than the couch! i need some tips about the living alone thing!!! andy typically comes home to sleep most days and is at work or church the rest of the time. not this week though!!!
Post a Comment