Tuesday, August 26, 2008

SD's first day of School

SD had a wonderful start to her school career. We walked her to school and arrived a bit early, so we sat on some benches outside the main entrance. It was nice to relax a bit after the sun had beat down on us...super hot! After a little coaxing, SD stood in front of the school doors so that I could do the mom thing and take a picture. She wasn't too happy about that, but eventually she did smile in one of the shots. Once we went into the school, she found her classroom rather quickly. I was anticipating a hesitation at the door...at least long enough for me to get a picture of her next to the bulleting board with her name on it, but alas, she didn't stop. She marched into her classroom and her teacher asked her to pick a spot on the carpet (a rug that looks like a giant twister board). SD chose a green spot. They began to sing songs and we began to leave. SV started throwing a fit because she wanted to stay too. It was sweet, but frustrating all at the same time. SV cried for at least half of the walk home, but we finally made it back.

Naptime was next, but SC only slept for about 10 minutes (a bad habit that started a couple of days ago). Anyway, almost by the time we were supposed to leave to pick up SD from school, SC was very upset. I made an appointment with her fabulous pediatrician for shortly after we would arrive back home. As SD came out of the building and walked up to us, SV bolted towards her and threw her arms around her. SD didn't really want to be hugged, so she just stood there. It was wonderful to see how excited SV was, despite SD's less than enthusiastic attitude.

Onto the doctor SC and I went. She has a virus that has given her large canker sores in her throat. Ahhhhhh! It makes sense...lack of sleep, not wanting her binky, loss of appetite, BUT thank goodness it wasn't strep throat that SV had last week (another long story). Bad news, there is nothing we can do about except load her up on ibuprofen or acetomeniphen. Good news, she probably won't ever have it again in her life. Needless to say, she didn't sleep well last night either. Now J and I are still sleep deprived, but at least we are sympathetic to SC.

7 comments:

Angela said...

I cannot believe SD is that big of a girl! Wow! SV's big hug made me laugh. I'm sure she misses SD when she's is school.
I hope SC gets better soon. Poor little girl.
We love and miss you guys!

Amanda said...

How fun! Sounds like she was ready for kindergarten! Too bad her little sister can't go too--she's probably just as ready! Looking forward to this weekend! Talk to you soon!

Shan B. said...

Congrats on the kindergarten experience. Sorry to hear about SC. Did they call it anything. I'm curious to know. Can't wait to see the pics so I can show Blake. Love ya!!

Unknown said...

It's good to hear from you again. It's so fun to see the next generation and their "firsts." CP told me that you got the 10 feet cards. You gotta love them! It really isn't rfp but I guess that I'm in his acct.

heather said...

These girls need to stop growing!! What are you plans during Christmas time? We're heading your way ... are you staying in town?

robyncreates said...

Man! How many of them started k-garten this year. I didn't realize how many were the same age. I have counted 5 so far that started???

Derick and Becky said...

Andrew had those soars too. Hopefully SC gets over it soon! Where are the pictures of SD?? I want to see them!