Friday, July 9, 2010

Sds Haircut...


Our SD has talked about cutting her long, beautiful hair off and have a "short" hairstyle. J and I were not fans of this idea because we LOVE her hair long. Finally, after months of talking about it, I gave her the okay if she did it for a good cause. She decided to donate it to Locks of Love, so they could use her hair to make a wig for children who have lost their hair due to medical conditions/procedures. Here is her long braid.


The moment of truth...my eyes were welling up with tears as the stylist just kept cutting. Breathe!!!

After the shampoo...she was giggling because the spray hose tickled her head.


Apparently she didn't realize that it takes time to style dry hair. This expression made me laugh!


The final product! SD doesn't miss her hair, but I do a bit. She looks great and LOVES the new cut. I love that she can almost take care of it by herself. ;)

2 comments:

Shan B. said...

I LOVE her new cut!!!! Soooo cute!!!

Unknown said...

She looks so grown up! I love the haircut. :)