Our stake hosted a Pioneer Day Celebration and we thought, hey, this reminds us of Utah, we should go. It started at 5pm (which here has been super hot) and went until dusk. The Primary children were supposed to dress up and have a short parade around to show off the costumes, WELL, right before this was supposed to begin, SD had to go to the bathroom. A YW in our ward, R, took her and I had camera duty. SD made it back just in time to see it end, but she wasn't as disappointed as I thought she would be. Thank goodness! Because it was so hot, we stripped the girls down and put on lighter dresses...I don't know how the pioneers did it all!? Anyway, we enjoyed a few crafts (handkerchief dolls, bonnet/vest decorating) and the dessert table! They had sooooo many choices of wonderful pies, cobblers and others that we had to sample a few. SV began to get grumpy, so we had to jet out early, but all in all, it was a fun time.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Stake Pioneer Day Celebration
Our stake hosted a Pioneer Day Celebration and we thought, hey, this reminds us of Utah, we should go. It started at 5pm (which here has been super hot) and went until dusk. The Primary children were supposed to dress up and have a short parade around to show off the costumes, WELL, right before this was supposed to begin, SD had to go to the bathroom. A YW in our ward, R, took her and I had camera duty. SD made it back just in time to see it end, but she wasn't as disappointed as I thought she would be. Thank goodness! Because it was so hot, we stripped the girls down and put on lighter dresses...I don't know how the pioneers did it all!? Anyway, we enjoyed a few crafts (handkerchief dolls, bonnet/vest decorating) and the dessert table! They had sooooo many choices of wonderful pies, cobblers and others that we had to sample a few. SV began to get grumpy, so we had to jet out early, but all in all, it was a fun time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Our stake didn't do anything fun, I am glad to read that so many peoples did How Cool!
Post a Comment