
My super great friend, P, is a foster parent and this is ONE of her 2 babies in her charge. She is such a wonderful example of Christ-like love and an awesome mom!!
There were a couple of students standing in front of this sign, so I politely asked them to move. After they cleared out of the way, there were a few other people who kept crossing right in front of the picture. The boy proceeded to stop people so that I could actually take it. After everyone stopped and waited, the boy asked me, "Are you from the class of 1997?" I smiled and told him I was. THEN he told me that I didn't look old enough to have been out of high school for that long!! I THANKED him profusely and walked off with a huge smile.
Funny enough, I actually hung out with these girls, A & H, during the last year of junior high. We spent a lot of time catching up and reminiscing.
K & M (sister-in-law & brother), me, L and M...it was nice to have familiar faces to fall back on. After being gone so long without talking, having family made the difference.
Our party was on the 69th floor of this building, a very familiar landmark downtown. I don't remember being in a high-rise, so I have to admit I was a bit uncomfortable after I looked out the floor to ceiling window of the club we were at. The ambiance was nice, the food pretty good and the company was wonderful. I am so impressed with the people I talked to...many are working on their doctorates, some are married, a few have kids. It's eye-opening to see the progression of these friends. I definitely missed having some friends that I would have liked to see, BUT the trip was well worth it. THANKS again M & K!!!
1 comment:
Wow that 97 hits me like a brick! Can we really be that old??? Crazy! I look at the time line of my life and see how I got here, but still how did we get here??? 30 is just around the corner, scary huh!
Post a Comment