Monday, October 8, 2007

Pile of CARBS!!

For those that don't know, I have gestational diabetes. FUN, I know. When we were at Bavarian Hills, it was cheaper to get a schnitzel (chicken pounded flat coated in breading & spices) as a sandwich than by itself. I don't quite understand how, but I didn't set the prices.
ANYWAY, with the bread leftover (because the coating on the chicken was enough carbs...and the apple) and the girls' buns, I found this sight humorous. With the gestational diabetes, my diet is pretty strict...some carbs, but should only be good ones like fruit and some whole grains. This plate did not stand a chance to being eaten.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

My girls never eat the bun. They like bread just at a separate time. I wish I didn't like it at all. Too many calories and carbs.

robyncreates said...

I was borderline gest diabetes with Addi and had to check my bloodsugar everyday and follow the diet. I never had to have the insulin though. Either way it isn't fun. Good luck with everything! I love seeing all the pics and your posts!